Pumpkin Chocolate Amaretto Tiramisu (Kopie)
I know, another pumpkin recipe? The food world is filled with them lately, which is fine with me since I love trying new pumpkin recipes, but I tend not to follow the trends and post them all. I will leave that to the others so I can drool in private. You know how it is if you are a fan like I am. I decided to go a traditional Italian route with a twist. The pumpkin in this tiramisu is not warmed with the usual cinnamon and nutmeg we are used to in Fall recipes, but stands on its own with its unique flavor that is layered with one single layer of a lovely chocolate mascarpone smear. It pairs well with the cocoa-amaretto soaked ladyfingers and topped with a scattering of cinnamon and cocoa on top. I think I found our new Thanksgiving dessert...to go with the pumpkin pie, of course.
Pumpkin Chocolate Amaretto Tiramisu
Adapted from Martha Stewart
1 cup mascarpone cheese (8 oz)
1-1/2 cups cold heavy cream
3/4 cup confections' sugar
5 tablespoons Amaretto, such as Disaronno (would be really nice with Frangelico)
1 can pumpkin puree (15-oz can), not pumpkin pie filling
2 ounces semisweet chocolate, roughly chopped
1 tablespoon unsweetened cocoa powder
30 ladyfingers (from a 14 oz package)For dusting:
1/4 teaspoon cinnamon
1-1/2 teaspoons cocoa powder
In the bowl of a mixer, whip the mascarpone until smooth and then add in 1 cup of the cream, the confectioners' sugar and 2 tablespoons of amaretto. Keep whisking until soft peaks form which should take about 4-5 minutes. Gently fold in the pumpkin, being careful not to deflate the whipped cream mix too much. Fold until completely mixed.
In a microwaveable bowl, combine the 2 ounces of chocolate and 1/4 cup of heavy cream and microwave 25 seconds, stir, and if needed, heat another 10 seconds until smooth. Transfer one-third of the pumpkin mixture into the chocolate and fold to incorporate. set aside
In a small bowl, whisk 1 tablespoon cocoa powder into 1/3 cup of hot water then add 3 tablespoons amaretto. (while the recipe calls for you to brush this mixture onto the ladyfingers, I do the traditional method and quickly turn them in the liquid. I find it adds more flavor into the ladyfingers. Doing it this way will require you to double this part of the recipe. Your choice)
Cover the bottom of an 8-inch square baking dish with the ladyfingers and brush with the cocoa mixture and top with half of the pumpkin mixture. Add another layer of lady fingers, brush with the cocoa mixture and top with the pumpkin-chocolate mixture. Top again with lady fingers, brush with the cocoa mixture and top with the remaining pumpkin mixture. Cover tightly with plastic wrap and refrigerate for at least 4 hours but it will taste best if you can leave it over night to set. When you are ready to serve, top with the cocoa powder and cinnamon dusted through a fine mesh sieve.
http://labellacook.blogspot.com/2010/11/pumpkin-chocolate-amaretto-tiramisu.html
Geen opmerkingen :
Een reactie posten