maandag 25 november 2013

All the Motivation You Need to Spring Clean (and Redecorate) (Overig)

*****
It’s usually around this time of year that I start thinking about doing a massive cleaning of my apartment. Post-clean, I have this fantasy where I spiff up my apartment with little treasures I’ve discovered at flea markets, yard sales, and antique stores. I say it’s a fantasy because I’ve never gotten past the extreme cleaning. Without completing that, I feel like I don’t deserve the treat of redecorating. There’s a book, however, that I think will help me go the whole nine yards. It’s Apartment Therapy: The Eight-Step Home Cure by Maxwell Gillingham-Ryan. It addresses both cleaning and redecorating and guides you step-by-step to complete both in 8 weeks. So if you’re in need of a little guidance and motivation to spring clean and redecorate, I highly recommend getting yourself a copy of this book.

There’s also a blog of the same namesake (ApartmentTherapy.com) that supports the book, offers decorating ideas and inspiration, tours real people’s homes, helps solve your design dilemmas and more. Twice a year, they have a “Cure” where you follow the book together, as a group, and post your progress and results. They just completed the Spring Cure, which is a great reference if you want to follow the book now . Or if you’re patient, you can wait a few months for the Fall Cure, which is potentially scheduled to start September 21st. I think I’m going to try to start now, and if I don’t finish, then I’ll be ahead of the game come September.

Geen opmerkingen :

Een reactie posten