donderdag 21 november 2013

Homemade: Peach Salad


I may have mentioned this once or twice, but summertime is my primetime when it comes to my daily menu. I love the availability of fruits, fresh produce and delicious options available during these warmer months.

With an exciting opportunity coming up in a few weeks, I’ve been extra conscious about my diet. I never want to sacrifice flavor, so naturally I reach for ingredients that are delicious on their own – and equally so when combined.

So I give you a delicious peach salad. Chock full of sweet and juicy peaches, plump and perfectly ripe tomatoes, and pungent basil – this salad had my husband skeptical at first and asking if he could have the leftovers after. It really doesn’t get any simpler than this – fresh, quick and easy – it’s a perfect pairing as a chunky salsa over grilled chicken or by itself as a light lunch.

Salad:
3 peaches, pitted and diced into small cubes
3 plum tomatoes, diced into small cubes
handful of fresh basil, finely chopped
2 slices goat cheese, crumbled

Mix the above together in a medium sized bowl.

Dressing:
2 tbsp. champagne vinegar
2 tbsp. light oil
1/2 tsp. salt
1/2 tsp. pepper
1 tsp. agave nectar
1 shallot, finely minced

Mix together in an air-tight container or in a small bowl with a fork. Pour over salad.

Geen opmerkingen :

Een reactie posten