vrijdag 22 november 2013

Lemon, chicken, and basil pasta (Kopie)

*****
Winter is not for me. I can tolerate the cold up to Christmas because I'm distracted by the lights, twinkle, busy schedule, and yummy treats but then Dec. 26th comes and I'm ready for sunshine, long days, and warm evenings. I do not do cold very well. Often times you can find me sitting inside the house with my coat on. I distract myself by browsing the internet looking at summer clothes and vacation deals. Every year I find it harder and harder to deal with the wet, cold, dark days that winter brings. I have the most darling pair of Hunter Boots which I LOVE but I don't want to use them for their intended purpose which is to keep my feet dry during soggy whether. I would much prefer to pair them with a sundress as I walk around my garden picking ripe tomatoes, and fresh basil. My sister loves layering up sweaters and long sleeved tops with beautiful jewelry but I long for maxi dresses, flip flops and a reprieve from this pasty white skin. I spend my days listening to Hawaiian music on Pandora and lighting grapefruit, orange peel, and ocean scented candles.

Today I needed a fresh meal which would remind me of the kind I might make in the summer although it's plenty hearty enough for a blustery, windy, winter's day. The recipe is adapted from my new Donna Hay Cookbook "fast, fresh, simple." It's so delicious!!! This is certainly a dish that I'll make over and over again. It takes about 20 minutes once the chicken is thawed. It has lots of my favorite flavors; fresh basil, fresh lemon, and parmesan cheese. This dish is tasty enough to serve to company if you paired it with some delicious gluten free rolls and maybe a light salad.

Lemon, chicken, and basil pasta

1 pkg gluten free spaghetti noodles (my current favorite are by bionature)
4 T lemon juice
4 T olive oil
2/3 c finely grated parmesan cheese
2 chicken breasts that have been cooked in olive oil, lemon pepper, garlic, and minced onion; shredded
1/2 c shredded basil leaves
sea salt and cracked black pepper

Cook the pasta in a large saucepan of boiling salted water according to package directions.
Drain and return to the warm pan.

While the pasta is cooking, place the juice, oil, and parmesan in a bowl and whisk to combine.

Add to the pasta with the chicken, basil, salt, and pepper. Toss to combine.

Serve immediately, serves 4

Geen opmerkingen :

Een reactie posten