zaterdag 23 november 2013

Meatless Monday! (Overig)

 *****
I wrote in a previous post that our grocery bill is around $150 a week. Sometimes it is a little more, but we try to stay within that budget. I know for a family of 8 that seems impossible to achieve. However, I should mention that we do not eat meat in our home. It is SO expensive and WAY unhealthy. Sure, you could go for the lean meats or the chicken breast. However, that's only going to reduce the amount of fat intake. It won't help with the high levels of cholesterol, toxic pesticides, antibiotics, growth hormones, and all the other garbage that are in the meat you eat. Why not eat organic then? Well, in this area good luck finding it and this is a blog for frugal living; ever seen the price of organic meat?!

I'm not making a call for everyone to be a vegetarian. My entire family are not vegetarians, they just don't eat meat at home. I have 9 children and only 2 of them are vegetarians at all times. In our goal of being a healthy, frugal, and an environment friendly family we just don't consume meat at home. Below is a chart showing the affect raising meat has on our Mother Earth.

So, my challenge to you is to try the Meatless Monday challenge. Why not? You will have a healthier family, help to do your part to reduce your carbon footprint, and save some $$! What is there to lose? I'm not an animal rights activist but I do believe in living healthy, being frugal, and taking care of the planet that Heavenly Father has blessed me with. 
 

Geen opmerkingen :

Een reactie posten