maandag 25 november 2013

Peter Walsh (Overig)

*****
Let's be honest - nobody loves cleaning. It's never-ending and often a thankless task. A little organization can take the sting out of any cleaning chore. Make sure you have the right cleaning tools. Invest in a caddy so that you can easily carry cleaning products from job to job around your house. Dedicate one cupboard to all your cleaning products, mops, and brooms. Store them well so that you can quickly and easily find what you need. Finally, share the load. Make sure everyone shares reasonably with cleaning chores in your home.

If you're not familiar with me, I'm known as the decluttering and organization guy. I was born and raised in Australia in a tiny town 25 miles outside of Melbourne. I’m now a dual citizen of America and Australia. I'm the middle child of three brothers and three sisters, but all of my siblings live in Australia where I visit often to be with them.

When I was sixteen I came to the United States as an exchange student, living in southeastern Utah for a year and graduated high school in Moab. I loved it! The idea of working with kids was always attractive to me so I went to college in Australia and graduated as a teacher and taught high school math, science and graphic art. My background in education led me to work in drug abuse prevention and health promotion in Australia and then in developing health, education and training programs for schools and corporations.

In 1994, I came to the United States and launched a company that produced workplace training programs that helped employees with their interpersonal and communication skills. All of these past experiences came together when my training experience and interest in organizational change in the workplace and in homes caught the attention of the producers of the hit TLC show CLEAN SWEEP. We ended up making more than 120 episodes and helped thousands of people get excited about decluttering and organizing their homes and their lives.

Helping people live rich and full lives without drowning in their stuff continues to be the focus of most of my work. In 2007, I was lucky enough to be asked to work on an episode of THE OPRAH WINFREY SHOW. That episode turned into a regular position on her show as the “Get Your Whole Life Organized Guy”.

In January 2011, we launched ENOUGH ALREADY! WITH PETER WALSH on OWN (the new Oprah Winfrey Network). I’ve been fortunate to have a regular column in her O MAGAZINE and hosted a regular show on her XM/Sirius Radio Channel too.

As well as my work on TV, I've written a few best-selling books about clutter and organization. My first (and favorite) is It's All Too Much: An Easy Plan for Living a Richer Life with Less Stuff.

http://www.organize.com/

Geen opmerkingen :

Een reactie posten