vrijdag 22 november 2013

Snickerdoodle Pumpkin Ice Cream Sandwiches (Kopie)

*****

Snickerdoodle Pumpkin Ice Cream Sandwiches might be too long of a title, but I wanted to capture its every essence. Earlier this week when I posted the recipe for the Pumpkin Ice Cream, I promised to share how I used it with another favorite treat. Here it is! This was in my mind all along when I decided to make pumpkin ice cream. The combination of this and the Snickerdoodles just made sense!

To make these, you could just sandwich some ice cream between two cookies with an ice cream scoop, but I have found a much nicer approach. Below is a photo tutorial of how you can make a cleaner sandwich using a round cookie cutter. For the sake of the tutorial, I used homemade vanilla ice cream because I didn’t think to take photos when I made the pumpkin ones. So, please, don’t be confused!

Line a deep dish with plastic wrap.

After making the ice cream in your ice cream maker, immediately pour it into the lined dish and spread evenly with a spatula.

Cover with another sheet of plastic wrap and freeze overnight.

The next day, observe your collection of cookie cutters.

Now go back to kindergarten and choose the shape of cookie cutter that most closely fits the size of your cookies.

Match up two cookies based on size.

Cut round ice cream patties out of the pan by pushing the cookie cutter into the ice cream to create the circle impression.

Run a knife around the impression to thoroughly cut the circle shape.

Lift the plastic wrap and slide your hand underneath to push out the ice cream circle.

Grab the ice cream patty.

Admire it for a second, but no longer as it will melt in your hand.

Sandwich between two cookies. Repeat with additional ice cream and cookies. Wrap individually in plastic wrap and store in freezer until ready to consume!

Geen opmerkingen :

Een reactie posten