maandag 25 november 2013

Cookies 'n Cream Ice Cream (Kopie)

*****
Adapted from Baked Bree

1-1/2 cups whole milk
1-1/8 cups sugar
3 cups heavy cream
1 tbsp vanilla
15 Oreos crushed (I used about 20, hehe)

- Make sure your ice cream maker is in the freezer for at least 24 hours before starting this recipe
- Stir the milk and sugar together in a medium-sized bowl until the sugar is dissolved, about 3 minutes
- Mix in the cream and vanilla
- Pour the mixture into the ice cream machine and let it run for the manufacturer's recommended time. Add the oreos in about 3 minutes before the time is up
- Put the ice cream in the freezer to firm up completely

My good friend Marissa has a blog all about healthy recipes, and at the end of each post she includes the nutritional highlights of that meal. As I was writing out these ingredients I just laughed to myself thinking about how terribly unhealthy ice cream is, which you definitely realize more when you make it yourself. It also doesn't help that this week we were also studying for a test on cariology -- the study of what causes cavities. Although I know Marissa and some dental professors might disapprove, just remember my friends -- everything in moderation!

http://www.ericasweettooth.com/2010/05/cookies-n-cream-ice-cream.html

Geen opmerkingen :

Een reactie posten