vrijdag 22 november 2013

Kid friendly pasta (Kopie)

*****

Whenever my husband travels he looks forward to eating at the Hard Rock Cafe so that he can enjoy their Twisted Mac N Cheese. One evening I decided to surprise him by making it at home. I googled the recipe and converted it to gluten free. My version differs a bit from the original. Today I finally got it just right! My youngest is quite a finicky eater but when I make this dish she cleans her plate!

1 package gluten free penne pasta- I use biontaure
2 chicken breasts- diced
2/3 c milk (I used 2 percent)
4 oz velveeta- just trust me. ;)
1/2 c shredded cheddar
1/2 c shredded monterey jack- if you grate to much just throw it all in! It will turn out great!
1/8 tsp. ground cayenne pepper
1/8 tsp. ground black pepper
1/4 c diced roasted red pepper
2 tsp gluten free breadcrumbs
2 tsp parmesan
1/4 tsp finely minced parsley

1. Cook the pasta in a large saucepan according to package directions. I like to put about 1 tsp salt in the boiling water

2. Cook the diced chicken in hot olive oil on the stove in a medium pan. Season with 1 T onion flakes, 1 tsp garlic powder, 1 tsp oregano, 1 tsp chili powder, and 1/2 - 1 tsp red pepper flakes. Stir until cooked through.

3.. Combine milk, velveeta, cheddar cheese, jack cheese, cayenne pepper, and black pepper in a small saucepan and heat for about 10 minutes until cheese is melted and sauce is smooth.

4. Drain the noodles and pour into the pan with the cooked chicken. Add the roasted red pepper. Pour the cheese sauce over the top and toss to coat.

5. Combine the breadcrumbs, parmesan, and parsley in a small bowl. I use a fork to mix it.

6. Pour pasta into a serving bowl and sprinkle the breadcrumb mixture over the top.

serves 4

Geen opmerkingen :

Een reactie posten